How to Apply
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residency is required.
- Students must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate program.
- Students must not have completed an undergraduate degree prior to the summer program.
Step 1: Online Application
Fill out the online REU application.
You must first complete the application form before the rest of your application materials will be reviewed!
- Application opens: February 2, 2018
- Application deadline: March 2, 2018
Step 2: Transcripts
University of Nevada, Reno students: drop off a copy of your transcript in the Computer Science & Engineering department office (SEM 242).
non-University of Nevada, Reno students: email a copy of your most recent transcript:
Subject: "REU Site Transcript: Your full name here" (e.g. "REU Site Transcript: Leslie Smith" )
Step 3: Recommendation Letter
Request a faculty member to send a letter of recommendation directly to the program administrator.
Subject: "REU Site Recommendation: Your full name here" (e.g. "REU Site Recommendation: Leslie Smith" )
Please note that due to the large number of responses, it is not possible to confirm the receipt of individual letters. Applicants are encouraged to check with their recommender directly to confirm that the letter has been submitted.