Prospective graduate students
I am always looking for well-qualified Ph.D. or M.S. students interested in research work on a wide range of topics in computer vision. As general requirements, applicants should have a first degree in either computer science or another engineering field, in mathematics or in physics. Good mathematical background and programming skills in C or C++ are necessary.
If you are interested in computer vision research, I encourage you to first enroll in a related course, such as computer vision, image processing, pattern recognition or machine learning.
- Computer vision
- Pattern recognition
- Analysis and interpretation of visual motion
- Perceptual organization
- Three-dimensional reconstruction
- Image and video segmentation
- Vision-based surveillance and activity recognition
- Human-computer and human-robot interaction