David Feil-SeiferAssociate Professor, Graduate Director He, him, his
- Department: Computer Science & Engineering
- Phone: (775) 784-6469
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Building: WPEB
- Room: 303
- Mailstop: 0171
- Website: Dr. Feil-Seifer's website
David Feil-Seifer studied computer science for his undergraduate degree at the University of Rochester, M.S. and Ph.D. at the University of Southern California, and postdoctoral associate at Yale University.
He has been the leader of his undergraduate robotics competition team, robotics competition coach, and research mentor to 45 undergraduates.
He was the winner of the Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI) Robot Host Competition (2002). He received the Mellon Mentoring award in 2007. In 2011, he was awarded a National Science Foundation Computing Innovation Fellowship, the USC Order of Areté. In 2012, he received the USC Engineering Best Dissertation Award.
He is a member of IEEE and ACM.
- Ph.D., Computer Science, University of Southern California, 2012
- M.S., Computer Science, University of Southern California, 2007
- B.S., Computer Science, University of Rochester, 2003
Prospective graduate students
I am recruiting Ph.D. students for Fall and Spring terms. Prospective Ph.D. students should apply to the University and then get in contact with me if you are interested in working in my lab. I prefer to be contacted by email, and please include a copy of your CV.
- Socially assistive robotics
- Human-robot interaction
- Machine learning
- Engineering education
- Ethics in computing
- CS 135: Introduction to Programming
- CS 425/625: Software Engineering
- CS 482/682: Artificial Intelligence
- CS 791: Robotics For Humanity
- CS 791: Robotic Manipulators
- CS 791: Machine Learning - Applications