How to register

To register for classes, all students must use MyNEVADA.

Enrollment appointment schedules

Registering for classes is based upon your standing at the University and your last name with enrollment appointments being randomly assigned within each standing level. Check MyNEVADA to find your individual enrollment appointment. The Open Enrollment Date signals the end of Enrollment Appointments with registration available for all students.

In-person registration requirements

The following transactions must be done in-person at the Office of Admissions and Records. A photo ID is required for all transactions.

  • Registering for S/U option. Registering for S/U option in classes that are offered for both letter-grade and S/U option
  • Registering for audit option. Registering for audit option requires written department approval, except for PEX activity classes
  • Registering for two classes with a time overlap. Registering for two classes with a time overlap requires written permission from both instructors and must be obtained on official department letterhead
  • Changing class grading options. Changing class grading option, including the following:
    • Credit to audit requires written department approval, except for PEX activity classes
    • Audit to credit
    • Letter grade to S/U
    • S/U to letter grade
  • Registering for credit overloads. Registering for credit overloads (dean's approval required):
    • Undergraduate: more than 21 credits
    • Graduate: more than 16 credits
  • Seniors registering for graduate-level courses. Seniors registering for graduate level courses are required to contact the Graduate School at (775) 784-6869.

Clearing holds on your account

Any holds on your record must be cleared before you can register for classes. All holds will appear in MyNEVADA under your Tasks tile. Clicking for details on each hold will provide you information on any hold you have on your record as well as actions needed to clear the hold.

  • Academic holds. If you are a new student, in a specialized program or under academic discipline, you may have an Academic Hold on your record. To remove this hold, please contact your academic advisor.
  • Fee holds. If you have an outstanding financial obligation to the University (e.g., late fees, parking tickets, library fines, etc.), you may have a Fee Hold on your record. For individual questions and/or payments to your account, please contact the Cashier's Office at (775) 784-6915.