A transcript is the record of your academic progress, including credit earned by examination, undergraduate transfer courses and degrees awarded.
How to order transcripts
The University of Nevada, Reno has several options for requesting either unofficial or official transcripts.
Unofficial transcripts can be obtained at no cost through MyNEVADA or submitting a transcript request form via fax or in-person at the Office of Admissions and Records.
- MyNEVADA. You may log-in to MyNEVADA and submit your request online
- Online. Use our Unofficial Transcript Request form to request a faxed or mailed copy
- In-person. Stop by the front counter of the Office of Admission and Records on the second floor of the Fitzgerald Student Services building
Requests will be processed within five and seven business days (not including weekends or holidays) of receipt.
Students can request official transcripts electronically through the National Student Clearinghouse. Official transcripts being sent to another NSHE institution will be sent at no cost to the student.
- Current student (active NetID required). Login to the National Student Clearinghouse to verify your student status and begin your transcript order. If you are unable to login with your NetID, please use the Former Student option below.
- Alumni and former students (no login required). To request an official transcript, please navigate to the National Student Clearinghouse use their Transcript Ordering Center to find the University and submit your request.
- International students. If you are an international student ordering a transcript through the National Student Clearinghouse you will need to use the "Former Students" link. Enter your NSHE ID in the "Student ID" field and leave the "SSN" field blank.
How much does it cost to order official transcripts?
The University of Nevada, Reno does not charge for transcripts being sent to another NSHE institution. However, there is a cost to order and send transcripts to non-NSHE institutions. Those costs are described in the table below.
|Delivery method||Cost per transcript||Processing time|
|Regular mail (USPS)||$9.75||5-7 business days|
|$9.75||1-2 business days|
|Expedited (FedEx)||$19.75, includes $10 shipping fee||1-2 business days|
|Expedited International (FedEx)||$54.75, includes $45 shipping fee||1-2 business days|
|Hold for pickup||$9.75||1-2 business days|
Expedited transcript orders
Expedited processing includes requests for two-day processing with pick-up at the Office of Admissions and Records or overnight shipping via Federal Express. You may order Expedited transcripts online via the National Student Clearinghouse. If you are unable to do so please email firstname.lastname@example.org for other options. Processing times detailed in the table above apply.
If you are requesting an expedited transcript order to be sent out of the United States (internationally) you must select the "International" option. If you do not, we will cancel the order and ask you to re-submit it. We have also encountered delivery issues when sending requests to China. It may take longer than overnight to arrive at the requested destination.
Expedited transcript requests via Fed Ex are not delivered on weekends and cannot be sent to a PO Box.
NSHE institutions and transcripts
Student who are sending transcripts to NSHE institutions can do so free of charge. You must order through the National Student Clearinghouse and select "Yes" for the question, "Are you sending a transcript to a school in Nevada."
The institutions that qualify for free transcript delivery include the following:
- College of Southern Nevada (CSN)
- Great Basin College (GBC)
- Nevada State College (NSC)
- Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC)
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV)
- Western Nevada College (WNC)
Transcript processing options
After grades are posted. Grades are due the Monday after the last day of finals. Processing for transcripts with this hold option will be processed beginning shortly after that time. If your grades are all posted in MyNEVADA, not WebCampus, please email email@example.com and we can release the transcript early.
After degree is posted. Degrees are not posted until all work for the graduating semester has been verified and completed. Degrees are also not posted before graduation or the end of term. Please expect degrees to be posted around the last week of May, first week of June. At that time all transcripts that are held for after degree will be sent.
Fee holds and transcripts
Please note that per Nevada System of Higher Education Board of Regents (NSHE) policy, a transcript cannot be produced for any individual who has an outstanding financial obligation to the University. If you have a financial hold and place an order, you will receive a communication confirming that obligation. Once you remove the financial hold, please call (775) 784-4700, option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know so we can quickly process your request. We do not regularly check to see if holds have been removed due to the volume of transcript requests.