National Merit Scholars
The University of Nevada, Reno's most prestigious scholarship awards fall semester entering freshmen who are National Merit Finalists. This scholarship awards $15,000 per year for up to four consecutive years of undergraduate study. In addition, the following opportunities are offered:
- University's Honors Program: Upon acceptance, which is guaranteed to National Merit Finalists who apply, you will be groomed for professional and graduate school admission or elite fellowship opportunities such as the Rhodes and Fulbright.
- USAC: Begin discussions regarding study-abroad options with one of the program advisors located in the Virginia Street Gym on campus. USAC offers 41 programs in 26 countries world-wide.
- Undergraduate Research
To qualify for this scholarship, students must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must submit a complete application for admission to the University of Nevada, Reno by February 1st. This application must include either ACT or SAT scores.
- Must advance to National Merit Finalist status (National Merit Semifinalists will be notified of their finalist status by February).
- After advancing to Finalist standing, students will be asked by National Merit to select their school of choice. Finalists designating the University of Nevada, Reno as their first choice will be offered the National Merit Scholarship.
- The scholarship must be formally accepted prior to June 15
- Must accept admission in MyNEVADA, pay advance registration fee and provide written acceptance of scholarship by June 15th
- To retain the award, students must maintain a UNR GPA in excess of 3.50 (cumulative and semester) and complete 15 credits each fall and spring.
- Students admitted to the BS/MD program eligible for the award during their fourth consecutive year of enrollment at the University of Nevada.