National Merit and Achievement Scholars
The University of Nevada, Reno's most prestigious scholarship for fall semester entering freshmen is for National Merit Finalists and National Achievement Finalists ("Finalists") who select our University as their first choice with the National Merit Scholarship Corporation. This scholarship awards up to $16,000 per year for up to four consecutive years of undergraduate study. In addition, the following opportunities are offered:
- University's Honors Program: Upon acceptance, which is guaranteed to Finalists who apply, you will be groomed for professional and graduate school admission or elite fellowship opportunities such as the Rhodes and Fulbright.
- USAC: Begin discussions regarding study-abroad options with one of the program advisors located in the Virginia Street Gym on campus. USAC offers 42 programs in 26 countries world-wide.
- Undergraduate Research
To qualify for this scholarship, students must meet all of the following criteria:
- Submit a complete application for admission to the University of Nevada, Reno by February 1. This application must include official ACT or SAT scores and an official high school transcript.
- Advance to Finalist status (Semifinalists will be notified of their status by National Merit Scholarship Corporation by February).
- Finalists will be asked by the National Merit Scholarship Corporation to select their school of choice. Finalists designating the University of Nevada, Reno as their first choice by May 1 will be offered this scholarship of up to $16,000 per year.
- The scholarship must be accepted in writing by June 1
- Must accept admission in MyNEVADA by June 1
- To retain the award, students must maintain a minimum University of Nevada, Reno cumulative GPA of 3.50 and complete 15 credits each fall and spring.
- Students admitted to the BS/MD program are eligible for the award during their fourth consecutive year of enrollment at the University of Nevada.