Best practices in sponsored projects management
The Best Practices in Sponsored Projects Management video tutorial series is required for all current and new employees who are involved with charging expenditures or cost sharing to a sponsored project account. The videos cover topics such as cost principles, financial fundamentals, cost sharing, cost transfers, sub-recipient monitoring, project reporting, effort reporting, and the Fly America Act.
Best Practices in Grants Management is offered in video format through WebCampus. Please see the instructions below for self-enrolling in the course. Viewing time is approximately 45 minutes. In order to receive credit for the course, you'll need to take the assessment and pass with a minimum score of 52 points (80%).
- Go to Web Campus. Firefox is the preferred browser, but Chrome and Explorer should also work.
- Log in with your UNR NetID and password.
- Whichever browser you are using for Web Campus, keep it open but add a new tab. In the new tab, enter the url: unr.canvaslms.com/enroll/APDMPY
- Click on the Enroll in Course button on the right.
- Click on the Go to Course button on the right.
- On the course Home Page you will see the following:
- Overview of Sponsored Projects Management - 2 videos
- Fiscal Management of Sponsored Projects - 5 videos
- Reporting Requirements for Sponsored Projects - 2 videos
- Export Controls and Economic Sanctions - 1 video
- The Research Administration Assessment
- View the tutorial videos and complete the assessment - approximately 1.5 hours.
- Once you have successfully passed the assessment, please send an email to email@example.com so Sponsored Projects can verify in WebCampus that you have completed the training.
If you have any questions, please contact Michele Dondanville, Research Compliance Program Manager, (775) 784-6360.