InfoEd Proposal Development
Below are instructions for entering a sponsored project proposal in InfoEd.
- Click "Login," and enter your NetID and password to sign in.
Create a New Proposal
- Click "My Proposals," and select, "Create New Proposal."
New Proposal Questionnaire
- Step 0, Confirm Principal Investigator (PI): By default, the person creating the proposal is listed as PI. To change the PI, click "Change." In the field provided, enter PI last name, click on desired name, and click "Select."
- Step 1, Continued: Select "Setup Proposal Manually" from the pick list, and click "Continue."
- Step 2, Proposal Type: Select from the pick list, and click "Continue."
- Step 3: Select Sponsor: Enter sponsor name in the available field, click on desired sponsor, and then click "Continue." button. If desired sponsor does not appear in results, contact your Sponsored Projects pre-award research administrator to request that the sponsor be added to the database. In the meantime, you can choose "Default Sponsor" and continue entering your proposal. The sponsor name will be corrected later when the missing sponsor is added to the database.
- Step 4, Proposal Number: InfoEd will automatically assign the proposal number, so please continue to Step 5.
- Step 5, Proposal Title: In the field provided, enter the proposal title and click, "Continue."
- Step 6: Project Period: Click on the calendar icon to select project start and end dates. Click "Continue" to advance.
- Step 7: Budget Periods: Select 1 from the pick list, and click "Continue."
Next, review your responses to the setup questions. If correct, click "Create Proposal." If incorrect, use the "Back" button to step back through responses and make corrections.
Setup Questions Screen
- Note the seven-digit number in the upper right corner of the screen--this is your proposal number/InfoEd record identifier.
- Address all questions/areas of the Setup Questions screen, and click "Save and Continue" at the bottom of the screen. You should automatically advance to the Personnel screen. If you don't automatically advance to the Personnel screen, click the Personnel tab on the left navigation menu.
Add Additional UNR Key Personnel
- Enter last name in the "Name" field and click on the desired individual.
- Select the individual's role from the "Role" pick list, and click "Save."
- Repeat process above until all UNR key personnel have been added.
- When done, click the "Completed" box in upper right of screen.
Enter Project Total Direct Costs and F&A Costs
- Click on "Budget" from the left navigation menu, and locate the "Non-Personnel" section of the screen.
- Select "Other Costs" from the Budget Category pick list, and click "Add Item."
- In the pop-up screen that appears, enter your total direct cost amount in the "Total" field, and click "Save and Close.
- Click on "F&A" from the left navigation menu.
- Click "Manual F&A" in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Locate the "Non-Personnel" section of the screen.
- In the "Project F&A Base" field, enter your F&A base amount (direct costs less any F&A exclusions).
- In the "Requested F&A" field, enter your F&A amount.
- Click "Save" in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Click on "Budget" from the left navigation menu.
- Click "Complete Budget" in the upper right corner of the screen, and in the upper left corner of the screen, click on the button with four horizontal lines, and click "Done."
Upload Proposal Materials
- Click on "Proposal Docs & Forms" from the left navigation menu, and locate the "Add Institution Forms/Supporting Documents" link at the bottom of the screen. Click the link to open the upload screen.
- On the upload screen, enter the document name, select the file, select document type from the Document pick list, select "Proposal Documents" from the Folder pick list, and click "Upload."
- Repeat step two above to upload further proposal materials.
- When done uploading proposal materials, click "Close."
- When you return to the Proposal Docs & Forms screen, click the "Completed" box in the upper right corner.
Complete Transmittal Form
- Click on "Transmittal Form" from the left navigation menu.
- Select "Sponsored Projects Proposal" from the Submission Type pick list.
- Address all questions and fields on the form. When done, check the "Complete" box in the upper right corner of the screen.
Route the Proposal for Internal Review
- Click on "Finalize" from the left navigation menu.
- Click "Build" to convert the Transmittal form to PDF.
- Click the "thumb up" icon to the right of "Submit Final Review."
- Accept any certifications that appear.
- Click "Submit" in the upper left.
If you are the principal investigator, be sure to approve the proposal in step 1 of the internal review routing.
For assistance with InfoEd, please contact your Sponsored Projects pre-award research administrator, or call the InfoEd Help Desk at 784-4005.