Human Subjects Research and Institutional Review Board
- IRB Board Meetings - Info and Schedule
- Belmont Report
- Completing a First-rate Review: Your Responsibilities as an IRB Reviewer
- DHHS Policy Index
- DHHS Decision Charts
- E-ROC User Guide
- Expedited Review Categories
- Federal OHRP Educational Videos
- Title 21 CFR Part 50 (FDA)
- Title 21 CFR Part 56 (FDA)
- Title 45 CFR Part 46 (DHHS)
- Comparison Table: Human Research vs. Program Evaluation, et al.
- Consent Conference Checklist for Researchers
- Consent Conference Feedback Tool for Researchers
- Data Safety Monitoring Plan
- Flowchart: Waiver or Alteration of Consent
- Flowchart: Waiver of Documentation of Consent
- Flowchart: OHRP Chart 1: Is an Activity Research Involving Human Subjects Covered by 45 CFR part 46 (Sept. 2004)?
- Flowchart: Reporting Problems, including Adverse Events
- Frequently Asked Questions about Human Subjects Research
- IRBNet and Instructions
- K-12 School-based Research
- Overview of Considerations for International Research
- Overview of Requirements to Conduct Research at Veterans Affairs Institutions
- Participant Enrollment Log
- University Data Management Plan
The University recognizes Research Integrity as the sole entity with the authority to make exempt and "not human subject research" determinations.
No human subject research conducted by University/Affiliate researchers (including student research) may be initiated until Research Integrity publishes written documentation of exempt determination or IRB approval.
The University's internal IRB is registered with OHRP:
- University of Nevada, Reno Institutional Review Board oversees social, behavioral, and educational research and biomedical research and clinical trials: IRB00000215
For information about what constitutes "human subject research" and requirements for the protection of human research participants, see our Frequently Asked Questions and the IRB Policy Manual. See "Investigator Resources" above for informative tables, charts, and other useful information.