Rules of Conduct
- All members, guests, clients, visitors, and associates (collectively, “Members”) shall act in accordance with these Rules of Conduct, all relevant laws, and regulations (the “Rules”) to preserve the enjoyment, professional atmosphere and collaborative use of The Innevation Center, University of Nevada, Reno, Powered by Switch (the “Center”). The Center may modify the Rules by posting updated or additional Rules to the following URL: unr.edu/Documents/research/innevation/rules-of-conduct-innevation-center.pdf.
- The Center is designed to provide a professional, safe, comfortable and sound appropriate, state-of-the-art environment for small businesses and individuals to co-work, collaborate, and innovate.
- Members are responsible for any damage to the Center or its equipment and materials.
- Controlled substance and tobacco possession or use is prohibited. Alcohol may only be served in accordance with University of Nevada, Reno policies and with the written prior consent of the Center.
- Members have non-exclusive use of the Center’s designated common areas during business hours. All other areas, including conference rooms, event rooms, and related equipment are subject to scheduling and may involve additional charges.
- The Center may enter any area for emergency purposes, repair, inspection, cleaning or maintenance. Members will be verbally or electronically notified of such entry, as applicable.
- Members, their agents, employees, or invitees shall not use, display, or reproduce the name of the Center or of University of Nevada, Reno or any of their logos without the prior written consent of:
Executive Director, Office of Marketing and Communications
Continuing Education Building MS 0208
University of Nevada, Reno 89557-0208
O: (775) 784-1880
or the designee of the Executive Director, Office of Marketing and Communications at the University of Nevada, Reno.
- Members will comply with the Center’s policies and procedures for scheduling visitors, conference rooms, events, and other Center related services. Any meeting requiring audio/visual equipment, catering, or staff support will be considered an event, and must be coordinated with the Center with at least 2 weeks’ notice. Additional fees may apply.
- Members must remove any food, waste, or related materials from the Center when they leave each day and must keep their space(s), including lockers, clean. Personal microwaves and refrigerators are not permitted except in leased space. The Center’s refrigerators are for day use only. The Center reserves the right to dispose of any items left in the Center’s refrigerator or kitchen areas overnight. Members shall place garbage in the nearest designated receptacle.
- Members, their agents, employees and invitees shall at all times while using the Center observe and comply with the University of Nevada, Reno Policy on the Protection of Children, University Administrative Manual section 7,002, as amended, located at: edu/administrative-manual/7000-7999-miscellaneous/7002-policy-on-the-protection-of-children.
- Members, their agents, employees and invitees shall observe and comply with the driving and parking signs and markers on the Center grounds and surrounding areas and shall park in authorized parking spaces only.
- No Member shall at any time occupy any part of the Center as sleeping or lodging quarters.
- Member shall not place, install or operate on the Center or in any part of the Center, any engine, stove or machinery, or conduct mechanical operations or cook thereon or therein, or place or use in or about the Center any explosives, gasoline, kerosene, oil, acids, caustics, or any other inflammable, explosive, or hazardous material without prior written consent of the Center.
- The Center is not responsible for lost or stolen personal property, equipment, money or jewelry from Member’s area or public rooms regardless of whether such loss occurs when area is locked against entry or not.
- No bird, fowl, dogs, animals or pets or any kind shall be brought into or kept in or about the Center, with the exception of service animals.
- The Center will not permit entrance to Member’s offices by use of passkey controlled by the Center, to any person at any time without written permission by Member, except employees, contractors, or service personnel directly supervised or employed by the Center.
- Member shall not block or obstruct entries, passages, doors, elevators, hallways or stairways and shall not place, empty or throw any rubbish, litter, trash or material of any nature into these areas, nor shall such areas be used at any time except for ingress or egress by Member, Member’s agents, employees or invitees.
- Member shall not use the water closets or any other water fixtures for any purpose other than those for which they were constructed. No person shall waste water by interfering with the faucets or otherwise.
- No person shall disturb the occupants of the Center by the use of any musical instruments, the making of raucous noises, or other unreasonable use. Members may only play music or provide amplification with the prior written consent of the Center.
- No Members, their agents, employees or invitees shall throw anything out of the windows or off the roof of the Center or down the stairways or other passages.
- Member shall not store any materials, equipment, products, etc. outside the Center.
- Member shall not erect any sign or other insignia upon or in any part of the Center without prior written consent of the Center.
- Member shall comply with all local and federal codes and ordinances.
- No signs, draperies, shutters, window coverings, decorations, hangings or obstructions of any type shall be placed on any skylights or on any doors or windows in the Center without the prior written consent of the Center.
- Center reserves the right to rescind any of these rules and make such other and further rules and regulations as in the judgment of the Center shall from time to time be needed for safety, protection, care and cleanliness of the Center, the operation thereof, the preservation of good order therein, and the protection and comfort of its Members, their agents, and employees, including but not limited to, rules and regulations regarding hours of access to the Center, which rules when made and notice thereof given to a Member shall be binding upon it in like manner as if originally herein prescribed. In the event of any conflict, inconsistency or other difference between the terms and provisions of these rules and regulations and any Membership Agreement or lease now or hereafter in effect between the Center and any Member in the Center, the Center shall have the right to rely on the term or provision in such Membership Agreement, lease or such Rules which is most restrictive on such Member and most favorable to the Center.
- Whenever prior written consent if required by these Rules, the consent shall be that of the Center Director or designee.
I hereby certify that I have read and agree to abide by these Rules of Conduct.
Printed Name: _______________________________________________