Sponsored Projects Roles and Responsibilities
- Assists faculty in identifying and obtaining funding for research, training and scholarly activities.
- Assists faculty in proposal and pre-award processing.
- Identifies funding opportunities for both general University information and specific areas of interest to research faculty.
- Advises principal investigator (PI) and University staff regarding federal, state, local government and other funding agencies' rules, regulations and procedures.
- Reviews the OSP-1 Transmittal form and all required internal forms (OSP-3, OSP-22, OSP-11).
- Reviews all proposals prior to submission (including revisions, supplements and continuations) for accuracy, correctness and legal sufficiency, considering agency requirements and University policies. Pre-award administrators routinely check application format, budgets and other parts of the proposal as part of the review process.
- Communicates with PI and staff about any revisions required to comply with sponsor or University policies.
- Communicates with PI about any revisions that may strengthen the proposal.
- Advocates and acts as a steward for the policies and procedures of the University, vice president for research and sponsoring agency.
- Submits proposals as the authorized representative for the University.