InfoEd Grants Management Software System
Important: All sponsored project proposals and clinical trial projects must be entered into InfoEd and routed for internal approvals via InfoEd.
To manage grant activities at the investigator and sponsored projects levels, the University of Nevada, Reno utilizes electronic grants management system, InfoEd, which supports the following grant-related functions:
- Finding funding opportunities
- Proposal development
- Internal proposal approval routing
- Proposal tracking
- Proposal reporting
Becoming an InfoEd User User Guides User Support Training Proposal Development Training Schedule SPIN & GENIUS Training Schedule Proposal Development Practice Session Schedule Emails Going to Junk Mail
Becoming an InfoEd User
University personnel who are interested in using InfoEd must first complete appropriate user training. For further information about training opportunities, please contact InfoEd administrator, Erika Waday.
InfoEd User Guides
The InfoEd User Guides listed below provide step-by-step instructions for a variety of InfoEd functions.
- Accessing InfoEd
- InfoEd User Navigation
- Locating and Opening an InfoEd Proposal Record
- Creating and Routing a New Proposal
- Changing the Associated and PI Departments in the Setup Questions Screen
- Creating and Routing a New Clinical Trial Project
- Routing a Proposal for Budget Approval and/or Final Approval
- Performing Electronic Routing Functions
- Delegating Record Access and Approval Authority
- GENIUS: The InfoEd User Profile
- SPIN: InfoEd's Searchable Funding Opportunity Database
- Preparing an Internal Pre-Proposal to the Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation
InfoEd User Support
Please contact your assigned pre-award administrator for technical support. If you are unsure of who your assigned pre-award administrator is, please refer to the Office of Sponsored Projects Contacts page.
In-person and online training for InfoEd is available. Below are the different types of InfoEd training available.
- Proposal Development Training: Proposal development training is geared towards faculty and staff members who prepare UNR grant proposals. The training covers the proposal preparation and internal approval routing process in InfoEd. Duration of training: two hours. For training dates, please see schedule below.
- Proposal Approval Training: Proposal approval training is intended for UNR chairs, directors, deans and vice presidents who only provide internal approvals for their area's grant proposals. The training demonstrates how to approve a proposal in InfoEd. If a chair, director, dean or vice president also prepares their own grant proposals, the proposal development training should be taken in lieu of the proposal approval training. Duration of training: 45 minutes. Please email Erika Waday to arrange for training.
- Department Administrator Training: Department administrator training is aimed towards those who need to obtain information from InfoEd. The training instructs users on how to locate and access information in InfoEd such as grant proposals, award documents and other grant-related information. Duration of training: 45 minutes. Please email Erika Waday to arrange for training.
- Clinical Trial Project Entry Training: Designed for investigators who are active in clinical trials rather than grants, this training demonstrates how to enter a clinical trial project in InfoEd and how to route the project for internal review and approval through InfoEd. Duration of training: one hour. Please email Erika Waday to arrange for training.
- SPIN and GENIUS Training: SPIN is InfoEd's searchable funding opportunity database, and GENIUS is the InfoEd user profile area where users can store their biographical information. In the training, attendees will learn about SPIN's functionality and how to search for funding opportunities as well as how to populate one's GENIUS profile. Duration of training: one hour. For training dates, please see schedule below.
InfoEd Proposal Development Training Schedule
InfoEd SPIN and GENIUS Training Schedule
|January 15, 2015||1:00 PM - 2:00 PM||Ross Hall 207|
|February 18, 2015||10:00 AM - 11:00 AM||GoToMeeting|
|March 25, 2015||11:00 AM - 12:00 PM||Ross Hall 207|
|April 14, 2015||3:00 PM - 4:00 PM||GoToMeeting|
To register for any of the above dates, please email Erika Waday.
How to Prevent InfoEd Notification Emails from Going to One's Junk Mail Folder
InfoEd notifications regarding electronic workflow action items are delivered via email. To prevent InfoEd notification emails from going into one's junk mail folder, please view the instructions for Outlook on how to prevent InfoEd notification emails from going to the junk mail folder.