Training for Human Subjects Research
This training is required for all study personnel and must be taken at least every five years. A passing score is 80%.
Instructions for Human Subject Research (Basic Course) CITI Training for Research Study Team
- Go to the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) login page.
- Register as a new user
Note: if you already have a log in and password, skip to # 6 (below)
- Be sure to locate University of Nevada, Reno in the drop down options
- When you get to the options for which training you would like to take, scroll down to Question 1: Human Subject Research (Basic Course) choose either Group 1 or Group 2, whichever most closely matches your discipline
Note: For Human Subjects Research, this is all that is required from the IRB as a Basic Course
Note: You may have other requirements such as Conflict of Interest (COI) or Responsible Conduct in Research (RCR) Training from other sources
- Scroll down and click on continue. You will be taken back to your home page where you will see "Not Started - Enter."
Note: You may start and stop the modules as many times as needed, log out and back in as time permits, it will pick up where you left off.
- Log in using your registered username and password. If you have forgotten your username and/or password, send an e-mail to JanAnderson@unr.edu and she will e-mail the information back to you.
- From your homepage, click on: "Add a course or update your learner groups"
- Scroll down to question 1: Human Subject Research (Basic Course) and choose the module that most closely matches your discipline
- Return to #4 (above) and complete through #5 (above)