Training for NSF funding (RCR)
Since January 4, 2010, National Science Foundation (NSF) requires Responsible Conduct of Research Training for all undergraduate, graduates or postdoctoral scholars working on NSF funded projects. The university requires all research personnel, including principal investigators, on NSF funded projects to complete the one-time RCR training. Please complete our CITI training on Responsible Conduct of Research.
- Go to the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) login page.
- Register as a new user
Note: if you already have a log in and password, skip to # 6 (below)
- Be sure to locate University of Nevada, Reno in the drop down options
- When you get to the options for which training you would like to take, scroll down to Question 1: Human Subject Research (Basic Course) and choose N/A - scroll down to Question 3: Responsible Conduct of Research and choose the RCR that most closely matches your discipline.
Note: You do not have to click on any of the modules under Question 4: Conflict of Interest (COI), unless you would like to (or have another obligation such as Public Health Science (PHS) funding that require it)
- Scroll down and click on continue. You will be taken back to your home page where you will see "Not Started - Enter"
Note: You may start and stop the modules as many times as needed, log out and back in as time permits, it will pick up where you left off
- Log in using your registered username and password. If you have forgotten your username and/or password, send an e-mail to JanAnderson@unr.edu and she will e-mail the information back to you
- From your home page, click on: "Add a course or update your learner groups"
- Scroll down to Question 3: Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) and choose the module that most closely matches your discipline
- Return to #4 (above) and complete through #5 (above)