Prepare an Oral Presentation
Presentation Preparation Tips
- Consider what your audience expects to learn from your presentation and make sure your material fits their needs.
- Be consistent with your slides (font sizes, colors…etc).
- If you’re presenting, keep the slides simple and easy-to-read so that your audience isn’t distracted while listening to you.
- If your presentation is for the web, provide enough context to communicate your research.
- Make sure your diagrams, images and text are readable from the distance that your audience will view them from.
- You can book the P3 Room in @One (in the Knowledge Center) to film yourself while practicing your presentation
- Check out some of the Graduate School Three Minute Thesis Competition videos for examples of great oral presentations