Have you ever considered the many ways integrity plays into your everyday life?
As an institution striving to improve the world though learning, discovery and engagement, we focus on:
- responsible research practices,
- professional and personal integrity,
- and integrity through scholarly activity.
For these and many other reasons, integrity is important in all areas of our lives.
Ignite Integrity is an initiative to foster and grow our culture of integrity and spark discussion and engagement across campus.
Our objectives are to:
- Raise awareness about integrity and why it matters
- Create campus activities to encourage new ways of demonstrating and discussing integrity
- Expand ideas of integrity outside the usual notion of academic integrity to encompass professionalism, responsible research and personal integrity
We have scheduled various events during the academic year to increase awareness about integrity. Each fall we have a creativity contest for undergrads, graduate students and post-doctoral trainees and each spring we host a week of events to foster conversation about integrity.
Visit University Libraries for a guide to deciding authorship, sample agreements and other resources on the topic of co-authoring.