Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, Advanced Graduate Certificate
Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioners are advanced practice nurses who treat adults and the elderly in acute care settings. An Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP) certificate prepares nurses who already have a Master of Science in Nursing for this role through a program of study that focuses on the special needs of acutely ill patients and their families.
Why Get an AGACNP Certificate?
Nurses who complete an AGACNP certificate program are uniquely qualified to work with acutely ill adults. As the baby boomer generation reaches retirement age and Americans continue to live longer lives in general, the demand for nurses who can care for adults with acute illnesses is likely to rise. By obtaining an AGACNP certificate, nurses can position themselves to help meet this demand.
What Are the Program Requirements?
Applicants to the University of Nevada, Reno AGACNP certificate program must have a Master of Science in Nursing or a doctoral degree in nursing, such as a Doctor of Nursing Practice. Additionally, applicants must also meet the admission requirements of the University of Nevada, Reno Graduate School.
To get started at the University of Nevada, Reno, you can apply now. To learn more about this program, complete the form below and an AGACNP certificate program representative will contact you with more details.
Related Degrees and Programs
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- RN to BSN
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
- Family Nurse Practitioner, Advanced Graduate Certificate
- Clinical Nurse Leader, Advanced Graduate Certificate
- Nursing Education, Advanced Graduate Certificate
- Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, Advanced Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science in Nursing/Master of Public Health (MSN/MPH)
Contact Division of Health Sciences
|Location||Sarah H. Fleischmann Building|