Adult gerontology primary care nurse practitioner
The Adult Gero Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP) program prepares nurses to provide advanced practice in primary care settings through a program of study focused on the care of adult and geriatric patients. AGPCNP’s can;
- Function in autonomous and collaborative roles guided by appropriate nurse practice acts.
- Provide primary care to Adult and Geriatric individuals, their families and communities.
- Focus on health promotion and maintenance for clients.
- Utilize the process and method of scientific inquiry in the study of nursing.
- Contribute to the development of nursing science.
- Pursue opportunities for enhancement of advance practice.