Post jobs, internships and events
Handshake use disclaimer
Prior to creating a Handshake account and posting job opportunities, read our Handshake use disclaimer.
Handshake is a comprehensive career-focused online platform connecting employers to students. It features job/internship postings (like a traditional job board), events, career fairs, direct messaging and more. University of Nevada, Reno students are automatically issued a Handshake login as soon as they have their NetID. Alumni may also take advantage of this Nevada Career Studio sponsored tool. Handshake is free to approved employers.
Request employer approval
Handshake's Help Center provides detailed step-by-step instructions on how to create an employer user account.
- Go to the Handshake login page.
- Select "Sign up for an Account."
- If your company/organization doesn’t appear in the search results in Step 3 of 4 - Join Company, click the "Create New Company" button, located on the right side of the screen, to create a new company profile.
- Be sure to include your colleagues in the “Contacts” and “Staff” sections of your company profile. This will enhance your Handshake experience, and ensure all of your representatives receive important emails from the Nevada Career Studio regarding career fairs, events, newsletters, and feature updates.
- Confirm that you selected "University of Nevada, Reno" as the school you want to connect.
- Email the Nevada Career Studio to notify us you have completed your account request. This email will expedite your approval process.
- We will either approve your profile or ask you for outstanding information.
- Check your emails and Handshake account to stay up-to-date on your status.
Post employment opportunities on Handshake
- Once you have posted a position(s), contact us to expedite your approval process (as above).
- To include your employment opportunity the Nevada Career Studio’s targeted student email, please email us a brief description.
- If you would like us to highlight your job or internship opportunity on our Nevada Career Studio social media platforms, contact us.
- If you need assistance refining your position description, please email us.
For assistance with any of the above, email us at email@example.com.