Social Media Hashtags 101
Our College's hashtags
In addition to the University hashtags below, we use:
- Units: #UNRExperimentStation, #UNRExtension
- Departments, majors: #AgriculturalScience, #AgSci, etc.
- Careers, pathways relevant to the post: #Veterinarian, #PreVetSchool, #VetSchool
- Extension programs: #Nevada4H, #NevadaMasterGardeners, #AlternativeCrops
- #GoPack – team spirit
- #WolfPack - our University family
- #FacesOfThePack, #GradsOfThePack – profiles on students, employees and alumni
- #WolfPackAtWork – highlighting employees (including student workers) and their jobs
- #PackPride – honors, awards, achievements, recognitions, things/people we’re proud of
- #NVGrad, #NVGrad2022, #PackGRADitude – commencement, graduating students
- #WolfPackWay - recent grads doing great work, our unique ways of being/doing
- #ResearchWorksforNevada – our science’s local impact
- #WolfPackRising – strategic planning, long-term goals
A quick Google search will turn up websites that'll suggest hashtags to you or let you search for hashtags. Just be sure you know what a hashtag means and who's using it before you use it. This way, you won't end up in any scandalous conversations!
- The first hashtags listed on a post should be things our audience for this post would use to find it. Think: What would my audience Google to find the info in this post? If my audience were writing a post on this topic, how would they hashtag it?
- Then, add in the relevant University and College hashtags.
Capitalize the first letter of each word in multi-word hashtags for readability and accessibility.