Nilay Etiler is a physician specialized on public health and preventive medicine. Her experience and research mostly focused on topics of gender issues in women’s health, public health emergencies, migrants’ health, neoliberal health reforms and social justice in health.
- Specialty in Public Health Medicine, Akdeniz University, Turkey
- Medical Degree, Akdeniz University, Antalya, Turkey
- Bachelor of Sociology. Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
- Google Scholar
- ORCID: 0000-0001-5711-3733
- Yavuz M, Etiler N. 2022. The correlation between attack rates and urban health indicators during the third wave of the COVID-19 outbreak in Turkey. Frontiers in Public Health. 10.
- Aykaç N, Etiler N. 2022. COVID-19 mortality in Istanbul in association with air pollution and socioeconomic status: an ecological study. Environmental Science and Pollution Research. 29(9):13700-8.
- Ozcan F, Ozkurkcugil C, Etiler N. 2021. Urinary Incontinence in Women Aged 25-64 in Turkey: A Cross-Sectional Research. Turkish Journal of Family Medicine and Primary Care. 15(4):853-61.
- Cimen ID, Coskun A, Etiler N. 2017. Non-suicidal self-injury behaviors' features and relationship with adolescents' daily life activities and mental status. Turkish Journal of Pediatrics. 59(2):113-121.
- Kara B, Etiler N, Aydogan Uncuoglu A, Maras Genc H, Ulak Gumuslu E, Gokcay G, Furman A. 2016. Head Circumference Charts for Turkish Children Aged Five to Eighteen Years.Archives of Neuropsychiatry. 53:52-62
- Etiler N. 2016. Gender Differences in Self-Rated Health and Their Determinants in Turkey: A Further Analysis of Turkish Health Survey. Turkish Journal of Public Health. 14(3):152-166
- Caglayan C, Etiler N. 2015. Health of Older Workers in Turkey: A Further Analysis of a National Sample. Turkish Journal of Geriatrics. 18(4):285-292
- Lordoglu K, Etiler N. 2014. A Limited Study on Children Working at the Seasonal Agricultural Work in the Western Black Sea Region. Labour and Society. 41:115-134. (Turkish, Abstract in English)
- Arslan O, Cepni MS, Etiler N. 2013. Spatial analysis of perinatal mortality rates with geographic information systems in Kocaeli, Turkey. Public Health. 127(4):369-79.
- Arslan Z, Ilgazli A, Etiler N, Hamzaoğlu O. 2013. Prevalence of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in Kocaeli: An Industrialised City in Turkey. Balkan Med J. 30:387-93.
- Etiler N, Lordoglu K. 2012. Health issues of immigrant women: A qualitative study of domestic services in Turkey. SEER Journal for Labour and Social Affairs in Eastern Europe. 15(1):109-121
- Etiler N, Çizmecioglu Fm, Hatun S, Hamzaoglu O. 2011. Nutritional status of students in Kocaeli: A population-based study. Pediatrics International. 53(2):231-5
- Etiler N, Caglayan C, Cizmecioglu Fm, Yavuz Ci, Hatun S, Hamzaoğlu O. 2011. Effect of labour on child body: the comparison of two studies in Izmit. Turk Arch Ped. 46: 111-7
- Hamzaoglu O, Etiler N, Yavuz Ci, Caglayan C. 2011. The causes of deaths in an industry-densed area: example of Dilovasi (Kocaeli). Turk J Med Sci. 41: 369-375
- Yavuz Ci, Hamzaoglu O, Caglayan C, Etiler N. 2011. An evaluation of the undergraduate occupational health internship program at Kocaeli University’s Faculty of Medicine. Turk J Med Sci.41: 919-925
- Sayan M, Erdenlig S, Stack J, Kilig S, Guducuoglu H, Aksoy Y, Baklan A, Etiler N. 2011. A Serological Survey for the Diagnosis for Brucella canis Infection in Patients with Symptoms Resembling Brucellosis in Turkey. Japanese Journal Infectious Diseases. 64:516-519 (short report)
- Basgul SS, Etiler N, Çakin-Memik N, Coskun A, Agaoglu B. Frequency and Correlates of Psychiatric Disorders in Early Childhood: An Investigation in Population and Clinical Samples in Turkey. Turk J Pediatrics. 53:666-679.
- Urhan B, Etiler N. 2011. The gender analysis of women’s labour in the health care sector. Labour and Society. 29:191-215 (Turkish, Abstract in English)]
- Cizmecioglu F, Etiler N, Hamzaoglu O, Hatun S. 2009. Prevalence of metabolic syndrome in schoolchildren and adolescents in Turkey: a population-based study. J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab. 22(8):703-14
- Cizmecioglu F, Etiler N, Görmüş U, Hamzaoğlu O, Hatun S. 2008. Hypovitaminosis D in obese and overweight schoolchildren: A population-based study. J Clin Research Ped Endocr. 1(2).
- Boyaci H, Etiler N, Duman C, Basyigit I, Pala A. 2006. Environmental tobacco smoke exposure in school children: parent report and urine cotinine measures. Pediatrics International. 48:382-389.
- Hamzaoglu O, Yavuz C I, Caglayan C, Erdogan S, Etiler N. 2005. Vocational Training on Occupational Health in Kocaeli University Medical School: An Experience from Turkey. Industrial Health 2005. 43:677-684.
- Etiler N, Velipasaoglu S, Aktekin M. 2004. Risk factors for overall and persistent diarrhoea incidence in infancy. Public Health. 118(1):62-69
- Etiler N, Colak B, Biçer U, Barut N. 2004. Fatal Occupational Injuries among Workers in Kocaeli, Turkey, 1990-1999. International Journal of Occupational and Environmental Health. 10:67-74
- Colak B, Etiler N, Bicer U. 2004. Fatal Occupational Injuries in the Construction Sector in Kocaeli, Turkey, 1990-2001. Industrial Health. 42:424-430
- Etiler N, Velipasaoglu S, Aktekin M. 2002. The incidence of acute respiratory infections and the relationship with some factors in infancy in Antalya, Turkey. Pediatrics International. 44(1):64-69
Books and Book Chapters
- Etiler N, Yikici A, Akgül O. “Eskişehir Alpu Coal-Fired Power Plant Health Impact Assessment Report” Right to Clean Air Platform. 2020, İstanbul.
- Eskiocak, M, Marangoz B, Etiler N. "Effects of Conflict in Syria, Turkey and Iraq on Communicable Diseases in the Region Health Problems of Refugees." In: War, Migration and Health; Experience of Turkey. Ankara: Publication of Turkish Medical Association. 2016. pp.34-39. (In English and Turkish)
- Demir E, Ergin I, Kurt AO, Etiler N. "Present State, Problems and Obstacles Encountered in the Use of Health Services by Refugees/People Under Temporary Protection" In: War, Migration and Health; Experience of Turkey. Ankara: Publication of Turkish Medical Association. 2016. pp.60-67. (In English and Turkish)
- Etiler N, Lordoğlu K. “Health Problems of Immigrant Women in the Context of Gender” In: Globalization Dimensions & Impacts: Global Studies Vol. 2. (Ed. H. Yıldız, F. Morady, I Şiriner). IJOPEC Publications. London, 2015. ISBN: 978-0-9568256-9-8, 2015
- Sahin U, Etiler N. (Eds.) Proceeding and Abstracts Book of “International Symposium on Children’s Health and Environment”. Published by the Association of Physicians for the Environment and the Turkish Medical Association. 2002. Istanbul, Turkey. ISBN: 975 6984-40-6. (In English and Turkish)
- Etiler N. “The outcomes of neoliberal policies on health workforce employment” In: Labour Market & Employment (Eds. Lordoglu K, Keskin Demirer D, Siriner I) IJOPEC Publication. London. September 2012.
- Etiler N “Chapter 5: Child Health Problems in Disasters” In: Pediatric Emergency Medicine (Textbook) Eds. M. Karaböcüoğlu, HL Yılmaz, M. Duman. Istanbul Medical Press. Istanbul, 2012. (In Turkish)
- Etiler N Urhan B. Chapter 5: Working Conditions of Physicians Employed in Public Institutions in Turkey. In “Europe's Health for Sale, The Heavy Cost of Privatisation.” (Ed. John Lister). Libri Publishing, 2011, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom.