Washoe County Health District
If you have already solidified an internship at Washoe County Health District (WCHD), you must attest that you have read and understood the terms of your field study agreement between the University of Nevada, Reno and WCHD. The terms of your internship as agreed upon for CHS 798 include the following:
- Students shall carry and have evidence of adequate group medical insurance prior to the participation in any educational experience at WCHD.
- Students will meet all vaccine and TB screening requirements prior to beginning an educational experience on-site at WCHD.
- Students will have obtained a background check prior to the participation in any educational experience at WCHD. Students are responsible for any costs associated with the background check. The results of these background checks may result in the removal of a participant from the program at the agency's discretion.
- Students are responsible for adhering to the policies and procedures of the agency including, but not limited to, Internet use, photography waivers, confidentiality of personal health records and/or research.
PLEASE DO NOT send any detailed documentation, records, or lab results directly to the School of Public Health or the Field Program Office. Signing the attestation form is proof you completed these activities. Be prepared to produce such documentation in the event WCHD asks for it.
To show you have met these prerequisites, you must also submit a signed WCHD Attestation Form claiming you understand the terms of the agreement. Submit one copy into Sonia and one copy to WCHD Human Resources.
Your HR representative at WCHD is Laurie Griffey, firstname.lastname@example.org, (775) 328-2403.
If you have already solidified an internship at Renown Health, you must have the following prerequisites completed before you can begin your internship:
Immunity, Vaccines and Drug Screen:
- Proof of immunity to mumps, rubella and rubeola. This requires two (2) doses of MMR vaccine or serological testing for immunity to mumps, rubella and rubeola.
- Proof of varicella immunity be verbal or written history obtained from the student, or titers.
- Hepatitis B series initiation OR declination and/or testing to document serologic response.
- Two-step TB Skin test or Quantiferon testing within the last 12 months.
- Completion of flu shot during flu season (as indicated by state regulatory agency).
- Proof of a negative drug screen.
Students in the past have used Concentra for the drug test, they just need to specify it needs to be a 9-panel drug screen. Backgrounds can be taken through National Background Information.
Criminal Background Check:
- Completion of criminal background check
- Student: Has not been sanctioned or investigated by federal or state regulatory agencies
- Is not under investigation or pending investigation be a federal or state regulatory agency
- Has not been the subject of disciplinary action, probation or adverse action by Institution and is of good standing
- Has not been convicted of a felony, a crime of moral turpitude, assault or battery or a crime involving a minor
PLEASE DO NOT send any documentation, records, or results directly to the School of Public Health or the Field Program Office.
To show you have met these prerequisites, you must submit a signed Renown Attestation Form claiming you have completed the above requirements through Sonia.
In addition, Renown will ask you to submit a formal externship application. This should only be completed if you have already solidified a preceptor and internship.
Once these two things are completed, you should be able to begin your internship. Your HR representative at Renown is Jenna Martineau, JMartineau@renown.org, (775) 982-5298.