Students in the School of Public Health are actively involved in their education, community outreach, professional networking and academic success. Whether you are a student earning a bachelor's degree or an MPH graduate student, there are student organizations for you.
Master's Society of Public Health
The mission of the Master’s Society of Public Health is to promote overall health and well-being for its members and community through relationship-building, collaboration, community outreach and promoting health equity in our learning and work.
We support the University of Nevada, Reno School of Public Health vision of equitable, healthy and resilient communities. We achieve this vision through these values:
- Collaborative and respectful of differing opinions
- Embracing equity and diversity
- Participating in active listening and sharing of ideas
Providing training opportunities for members regarding equity and diversity
- Holding quarterly guest presenters to enhance the knowledge and promote thought-provoking conversations on relevant public health topics
- Offering valuable and meaningful opportunities for members to develop leadership skills
- Identifying areas where support and guidance is requested by members
- Promoting community service and outreach events to enhance public health skills and resume building, while fostering the health of our community
- Helping members gain networking and mentorship, through conferences, webinars and partnership with community organizations such as the Nevada Public Health Association
- Creating and maintaining records of ongoing projects to support the continuation of activities and build programs that outlast members time in the program
Dates and Meeting Times
The club uses this Zoom link for the following meetings:
- The General Club meets bi-monthly on Tuesdays at 4:30 p.m.
- The Equity and Diversity committee meets once a week on Sundays at 5:00 p.m.
- The Community Outreach and Mentorship committees meet once a week on Wednesdays at 4:30 p.m.
- President: Hannah Khan
- Vice-President: Ally Abbatangelo
- Secretary: Mackenzie Howren
- Treasurer: Sierra Saunders
- First Year Liaison: Jade Hickman
- Equity & Diversity Committee Chair: Lizbeth Vasquez
- Mentorship and Community Outreach Chair: Sam Savalli
For more information on this club, please email email@example.com.
Public Health Ph.D. Student Association
The University of Nevada, Reno Public Health Ph.D. Student Association will promote the physical health, emotional health, and career paths of its members through formal relationships with the Associated Students of the University of Nevada Center for Student Engagement and the University of Nevada, Reno School of Public Health faculty governance, communal support, and promotion of activities that will support this mission.
We support the University of Nevada, Reno School of Public Health vision of equitable, healthy, and resilient communities. We achieve this vision through these values:
- Succeeding through collaboration
- Embracing diversity
- Developing workforce excellence
The association will achieve its mission by:
- Establishing formal communication avenues with SCHS faculty governance
- Providing leadership opportunities to members
- Holding members accountable to one another
- Identifying and acting on issues common to the majority of the membership
- Achieving recognition as the sole student governing body for University SCHS Ph.D. students
- Supporting the activities of the University's Graduate Society of Public Health and the University's Public Health Coalition
- Coordinating and promoting regular activities to support the physical and emotional health of members