School Science Nights
This visitation option provides schools in the area with the opportunity to host a fun, educational evening at the Planetarium. School Science Nights are available for reservation on Sunday through Thursday from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. The facility can accomodate up to 350 guests, and the total cost for the event is only $400.
To reserve the Planetarium for your School Science Night, call the Planetarium staff at (775) 784-4812. Please place your reservation at least two weeks in advance.
What to expect during your School Science Night
- Private access to the Fleischmann Planetarium and Science Center after hours
- Expert telescope viewing sessions, live science demonstrations (add-on for $50) with outreach astronomers from the University, the Astronomical Society of Nevada and educators from the Planetarium, and/or Nevada Space Center
- Exclusive Full-Dome Theater shows in the world’s first atmospherium-planetarium dome (with the option of providing select programs in either Spanish or English)
- Private access to the Exhibit Hall for your guests with guided activity sheets
- Current night-sky star charts for all families
- 10% discount off items in the Science Store