Internship Cost

Students participating in the Internship Program are responsible for the following costs:

  • Application fee- To apply to the University through Extended Studies for enrollment in NUTR 727. The current cost is $60.
  • Tuition and fees- For enrollment as a graduate student for 3 credits of NUTR 727 Nutrition Practicum. Tuition is currently $305.50 per credit, and a $27 per credit Technology Fee is applied to all accounts. Tuition and fees are subject to change.
  • Fees for the Dietetic Internship Program- The program fees are $7,500 for 1,000 practice hours. Portions of this fee will be utilized to pay for some educational opportunities, materials and travel necessary to complete the program's training competencies.
  • Uniforms, books and general supplies
  • Personal room and board and travel to practice sites (variable)
  • Liability insurance- Each intern must provide his or her own liability insurance policy available through agencies such as Proliability, 1-800-375-2764.
  • Immunization and physical exam fees- All hospitals require a Tuberculosis (TB) test and immunization records. You must have documentation of TB testing and immunization records prior to beginning the internship. Documentation of a recent physical examination will also be necessary.
  • Basic Life Support Certification- All interns must have a certification in Basic Life Support (BSL) prior to beginning the internship. If you do not have this certification, it can be obtained for approximately $30 through the American Heart Association.
    • Go to the American Heart Association eLearning website and complete the heart code BLS training. Once completed, one receives a certification and can be given access to part 2, the hands-on portion. There is a locator tool that allows you to search available courses/classes in your area, and you can sign up online to attend the training.

Please note that the program does not provide health insurance or financial aid. It is the intern's responsibility to make sure that he or she is adequately provided for in both areas. Students may apply for MedCap Loans and Sally Mae Collegiate Loans. The program director will certify on request for lending agencies that the student is working full-time in the program.