Donations for refugee families
Updated as of August 17, 2022
While we are grateful to the community for donated support, we have a small capacity to accept items. Therefore, we have created a list of current family needs so that we only accept what we know a family can use, along with guidelines for what we're able to accept. Once we give approval to drop off your items, please thoroughly clean all items prior to donating to ensure they are ready for the receiving family (pots, dishes, bedding, towels, etc).
How can I donate?
- Check to make sure your items are listed as acceptable and if so, check our list of current needs to ensure these items are needed.
- Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your items.
- Once we confirm we have the capacity to take your donations, we will schedule a time and date for drop off.
If you would like to organize a donations drive, please contact us first to ensure that the donations are currently needed, and we have the capacity to accept
Please do not drop off items at our office! These donations will NOT be accepted.
- New or gently used bedding sets (no mismatched sheets)
- Pillows (new only)
- Lamps & lightbulbs
- New or gently used shower towels
- Clothes hangers
- TVs with remote
- Dining chair sets
- Liquid bottles only (no bars or mini sized bottles)
- OTC medication, cleaning supplies, shower products, period products
Bed and bath items
- Bedding sets, pillows, lamps & lightbulbs, shower curtain sets, large rugs, big & small towels, closet hangers
- Pots/pans, utensil sets, glassware, dish sets, pressure cookers, tea pots
- Dining tables with chairs, couches, TVs, side tables, coffee tables, bed frames
Items not accepted
***Due to safety regulations, we no longer accept car seats or boosters
- Clothing & Shoes ** Subject to change based on client needs**
- Baby Items ** Subject to change based on client needs**
- Makeup & Accessories
- Trash & Unwashed Items