The NNIC began resettling refugees in Northern Nevada in late 2016 and is now accepting financial donations to assist refugees with various aspects of beginning their new lives. Each family needs basic
Refugee assistance projects of a smaller scale are also extremely important and needed throughout the year. Below are a few ideas to consider if you are unable to assist with a full or partial co-sponsorship.
- $1000 provides new beds and furnishings for a family's apartment
- $750 provides one month's rent for a one-bedroom apartment
- $500 provides personal items and groceries for a family of four for one month
- $250 provides transportation for a head of household to travel to his or her job
- $150 provides blankets and comforters for a family during the winter months
- Collect household items to fully supply a kitchen, bathroom, or bedroom ( see item donation list)
Donations can be made by check to NNIC and sent to 855 W. 7th Street, Suite 270 Reno, NV 89503.
The Northern Nevada International Center (NNIC) is a Nevada Not-for-Profit Organization (EIN 94-2796785) For additional information about this or other programs, contact Dr. Carina Black at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the past couple of months we've been asking folks to hold off on offering donations. Although this is generally still the case, there are a few items being requested which could be distributed immediately - these types of donations won't take up space in our storage and they'll be put to use right away.
- Diaper sizes: 3, 4, 5, and LOTS of 6 + baby wipes
- Dish washer detergent
- School supplies/craft supplies (markers, scissors, backpacks, glitter, glue sticks, crayons/colored pencils, colored paper, play dough, calculators etc.)
- Household cleaning supplies (all-purpose cleaner, Windex, toilet paper, etc.)
- Personal hygiene items (shampoo/conditioner/soap and the like) **we do not need toothbrushes/toothpaste**
- Children's bikes (age 6-7)
- Soccer balls
- Outdoor toys
- Boxes and clothing racks
Donations can be made by appointment. To schedule a drop-off, email email@example.com or call (775) 784-7515 x 101
What is needed to prepare a new home?
For each sponsored family, NNIC needs the following items to furnish and supply an apartment for a refugee family. We request new or lightly used items to preserve a high quality of furnishing for our refugee families.
For an up-to-date list of immediate needs, or to schedule a drop-off, contact email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (775) 784-7515 x 101