Honorable Judge Flanagan Scholarship
The Patrick Flanagan International Judicial Scholarship Endowment Fund Program for IVLP Alumni
At the request of Mrs. Caroline Flanagan, and in partnership with the National Judicial College (NJC), the Northern Nevada International Center (NNIC) is pleased to announce the Honorable Patrick Flanagan International Judicial Scholarship Endowment Fund which will provide scholarship support annually for an international judge who is an alumni of the NNIC international visitors programs to attend a course at NJC's Reno campus.
2019 Applications are closed. 2020 Application details coming soon!
The Northern Nevada International Center and the National Judicial College are pleased to partner in an exciting scholarship program to enroll in a course at the National Judicial College in fall 2019. Applicants must be participant alumni of the U.S. Department of State's International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP).
Scholarship applicants will be IVLP alumni having participated in a judicial/rule of law IVLP project and will receive the following benefits on a cost-reimbursable basis:
• Tuition for 4-5 Day Course at National Judicial College
• Round-trip airfare from the capital of your country to Reno, Nevada
• Accommodations for the duration of your course
• Dinner at the Home of a local Judge
To apply, please apply by April 15, 2019. Please address the following points in your application.
• Provide the date and title of the IVLP Program you participated in your country of origin
• Which course you would like to enroll in (see 2019 NJC course schedule as a sample)
• Why this scholarship will help you in your work
• How you will share and implement your knowledge with your colleagues in your country
• Note whether you will need an interpreter for the duration of the course
The Flanagan Judicial Scholarship was established in honor and in memory of Patrick Flanagan, a champion of citizen diplomacy and fierce advocate for deeper cultural understanding between people of all nations. Judge Flanagan met with hundreds of visitors during his tenure at the Washoe County District Court.
Applications are due April 15, 2019
Finalists notified by April 30, 2019
The following National Judicial College qualified courses are eligible for the scholarship. One course per applicant.
Reno, NV August 12-15, 2019
Reno, NV August 19-22, 2019
Reno, NV October 7-10, 2019
Reno, NV October 19-24, 2019
Reno, NV October 28-30, 20
Reno, NV November 4-8, 2019