Nevada Sibling Network and Sibshops
To provide siblings of individuals with disabilities the information, support, and tools to advocate with their brothers and sisters and to promote the issues important to them and their entire families.
- Individuals with developmental and related disabilities have the same rights as all members of society to dignity, respect and the opportunity to grow and to be productive members of their communities.
- Siblings of individuals with developmental and related disabilities, many of whom will share the longest life-relationship with their brothers and sisters, can have a powerful, positive impact on their siblings’ experiences.
- Brothers and sisters of individuals with developmental and related disabilities are uniquely positioned to help ensure the present and future care of their siblings, and we strive to achieve this in partnership with service and support organizations as well as government agencies.
- In promoting the rights of our brothers and sisters, and of all individuals with developmental and related disabilities. We are committed to advocating for policies and services that meet their needs.
- That siblings of individuals with developmental and related disabilities often share similar experiences and concerns and can be of great support to one another to enhance both our lives and the lives of our siblings.
Phone: (775) 682-9063