A strong spirit of collaboration with other University and community organizations has allowed the center to prepare and contribute to projects that affect directly the Latino community. Research being the most important element, will bring information and data that will help policy makers, and the community at large to understand the needs and the unique characteristics of the Latino community.
Throught these collaborations, the center expects to contribute to a more tolerant environment in all aspects of the daily lives of the people of Nevada, as well as the whole country. Also to open new channels of communication and strengthening said channels with valuable data and information that will ultimately demonstrate the importance of the roles Latinos play in our society.
We are currently working with:
- University of Nevada, Reno, Department of Computer Sciences
- University of Nevada, Reno, College of Science
- United States Census Bureau
- United Nations World Food Program
- Institute of Mexicans Abroad (IME)
- United States Hispanic Leadership Institute (USHLI)
- University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine
- Student Outreach Clinic
- Radio Innovacion 1590 AM
- University of Nevada, Reno Cooperative Extension
- Brown Eyes Theater
- National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges
- Washoe County Health District - Latino Tobacco Education and Prevention Project