Department of History scholarships
The department awards scholarships each year for continuing students.
- Applications must be filled out by February 1 on MyNevada. Go to Student Center, Supplemental Forms, Scholarship Application.
- For graduate students, between Feb. 1 and March 1 you must also send a letter to the graduate director that addresses the following:
- How many semesters you have been enrolled in your degree program
- Indicate if you have a completed program of study
- If you have a program of study on file, explain any deviations from your program
- Indicate the date you passed your comprehensive examinations, or the date you are scheduled to take them according to your program of study if applicable
- If you have received scholarship funds in the past
- List any honors, fellowships, publications, curated exhibitions, internships or employment related to your career goals
- If you have a Teaching Assistantship: how many years you have been funded
- Ask the director of your graduate committee to send a letter or email to the Graduate Director that describes your progress toward your degree.
- Optional: a second letter of recommendation from someone familiar with your accomplishment in your academic work