Industry Support Group
The Industry Support Group (ISG) at the University of Nevada, Reno was established to assist companies with developing products, improving competitiveness, and performing product qualification.
Over 50 seismic qualification tests of various nonstructural components and systems have been completed successfully since 2000. Furthermore, various mitigation strategies such as isolated floor implementations for nonstructural systems have been experimentally evaluated using the shake tables inside the Earthquake Engineering Laboratory. In addition to seismic qualification of equipment, the laboratory is equipped with servo hydraulic actuators of varying capacities that can be used to conduct other types of testing.
Our Professional Engineers and state-of-the-art facility provide the industry with exemplary service in guiding their projects through seismic design, testing, and qualification.
- Three biaxial 100,000 lb capacity shake tables
- One 100,000 lb capacity six degree-of-freedom shake table
- Large-scale structures laboratory
- Ten servo hydraulic actuators
- High-speed data acquisition system
- Force, displacement, and acceleration sensors
- Seismic simulation testing of equipment according to AC156, GR-63-CORE, and IEEE 344/693
- Seismic certification of equipment according to IBC and OSHPD
- Customized certification programs
- Computer simulations using Finite Element Method (FEM) - Linear and Non-linear, Static and Dynamic
- Engineering analysis and design of restrainer systems
Sherif Elfass, Ph.D., PE
Research Associate Professor
For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org