Earthquake Engineering Laboratory
The Earthquake Engineering Lab is home to our three biaxial shake tables as well as our 6-degree-of-freedom table. The building includes 29,000 square feet of laboratory, office and auditorium space.
The Earthquake Engineering Laboratory includes:
- A 9,600 square-foot high-bay laboratory complete with tie-down strong floor
- Approximately $15 million worth of shake tables relocated from the Large-Scale Structures Lab
- Control and instrumentation rooms
- Office space for graduate students and visiting researchers
- A 140-seat auditorium, equipped with a video wall and broadband Internet technologies