Earthquake Engineering Laboratory
Explore our Facilities
See photos of our lab set up, including access and fabrication space, on our photo gallery.
Opened in the Summer of 2014, our newest facility is home to our three biaxial shake tables as well as our 6-degree-of-freedom table. The new building includes 29,000 square feet of new laboratory, office and auditorium space.
The Earthquake Engineering Laboratory includes:
- A 9,600 square-foot high-bay laboratory complete with tie-down strong floor
- Approximately $15 million worth of shake tables relocated from the Large-Scale Structures Lab
- Control and instrumentation rooms
- Office space for graduate students and visiting researchers
- A 140-seat auditorium, equipped with a video wall and broadband Internet technologies