Foundation Classified Employee award
This award, funded by the University of Nevada, Reno Foundation, recognizes an exemplary classified staff member who has excelled in their position and demonstrated significant impact to their department and the University.
Who is eligible for the Foundation Classified Employee award
- All classified staff with five (5) years of continuous FTE years of classified service who are currently employed.
- Nominee must be a full-time or part-time classified employee of the University of Nevada, Reno and may be employed at any of the University's locations.
Criteria for the award
- Exhibits a commitment to quality and success of their department and the University.
- Demonstrates a willingness to go above and beyond their scope of assigned job responsibilities.
- Portrays a positive attitude towards fellow employees, faculty, students, and the public.
- Demonstrates a commitment to professional development and community service activities (attendance at workshops, classes, committee and/or volunteer work).
Award recipients receive the following
- Recognition at "Honor the Best" Ceremony
- $5,000 monetary award*
Nominations are currently being solicited for 2024 and are due Friday, March 15, 2024
*All monetary awards, including gift cards, are considered supplemental wages and are treated as taxable compensation for the employee.