Board of Regents’ Outstanding Classified Staff award
The Board of Regents’ Outstanding Classified Staff Award is given annually to a distinguished classified staff member. One award shall be granted to a full-time staff member who provides outstanding services in support of the University of Nevada, Reno, UNLV, TMCC, WNC, GBC, CSN or NSC, and/or their respective institution’s classified staff. Each institution’s President, in conjunction with the institution’s Classified Council, will submit one nomination for consideration to the NSHE Director of Human Resources. The winner of this award will receive a $3,000 monetary award and are announced at the January Board of Regent’s scheduled meeting.
Who is eligible for the Board of Regents’ Outstanding Classified Staff award?
Nominees should have at least five (5) years of cumulative service with NSHE by the date of nomination to be considered for the award. If an institution wishes to nominate a candidate that has fewer than five years of cumulative service within NSHE, an additional letter of justification must be submitted.
Criteria for the award
An eligible employee may be nominated based upon, but not limited to, the following criteria:
- Contribution to the achievement of their institution’s mission and goals.
- Attitude towards fellow employees, students, and the public, as well as attitude towards work, including availability, cooperation, courtesy, friendliness, helpfulness, and presence on the job.
- Service to fellow employees, students and the public.
- Work quality, including accuracy, completion, creativity, dependability, initiative, and timeliness.
- Participation where involvement was beyond the scope of regular duties.
- Interest in professional or self-development.
Nominations are currently being solicited for 2023 award and are due September 30, 2022.