Distinguished Classified Employee award
The Distinguished Classified Employee award is designed for the following:
- Recognizing outstanding full-time and part-time classified staff who exemplify the University's standards for excellence and innovation
- Rewarding those employees who show exemplary individual achievement, contribution, and performance in their jobs and other related duties beyond their own offices
- Acknowledging those whose efforts have inspired and supported the performance and achievement of others
- Providing awards to such employees by a means that is fair, with equal consideration of all eligible staff, regardless of the locus or level of responsibility within the College
Who is eligible for the Distinguished Classified Employee award
- All classified staff with three (3) continuous FTE years of classified service
- Currently employed
- Nominee must be a full-time, part-time classified staff employee of the University of Nevada, Reno
- Can be employed at any of the University's physical locations
Criteria for the award
- Concern for the university-at-large and its goals
- Positive attitude towards fellow employees, faculty, students, and the public
- Positive attitude towards work (availability, cooperation, courtesy, friendliness)
- Quality of work (accuracy, timeliness, creativity, initiative, dependability)
- Professional development, awards received, and community service activities (attendance at workshops, classes, lectures, committee and/or volunteer work)
Award recipients receive the following
- Plaque and recognition at "Honor the Best Ceremony" and "Silver and Blue Salute"
- Monetary award
- Name engraved at the Honor Court
Nominations are currently being solicited for 2022 and are due March 4, 2022.
Note: Award winners of the Classified Employee of the Month are not automatically considered for the yearly award; however, they may be considered for the yearly award if a separate nomination form is submitted and all criteria is met.