Classified Employee of the Month
Due the first of each month for consideration the following month.
The nomination form may be downloaded on the SEC forms page.
Purpose of Award
- recognize outstanding full-time and part-time classified staff who exemplify the College's standards for excellence and innovation;
- reward those employees who show exemplary individual achievement, contribution, and performance in their jobs and other related duties beyond their own offices;
- acknowledge those whose efforts have inspired and supported the performance and achievement of others;
- provide awards to such employees by a means that is fair, with equal consideration of all eligible staff, regardless of the focus or level of responsibility within the University.
Who is eligible?
- Nominee must be a full-time, part-time classified staff employee of the University of Nevada, Reno
- Must have been employed for at least one (1) year
- Can be employed at any of UNR's physical locations
- Has not been selected as Employee of the Month within the past twelve (12) months
Criteria for Award
- Has a positive attitude toward work responsibilities, co-workers, and customers, and serves as a role model for others
- Is productive, exhibits commitment to quality in carrying out job responsibilities, and is an asset to the staff of his/her department
- Is willing to take initiative, and accepts and carries out additional responsibilities beyond regular job assignments.
- Is consistently dependable and punctual in reporting for duty, completing assignments on time, and participating in additional responsibilities.
Award recipients shall receive:
- A certificate suitable for framing;
- Her/his name will appear for the month on the Lawlor Events Center marquee sign.
- A "Blue Card" entitling him/her to a bunch of discounts/freebies.
- A letter from President Marc Johnson congratulating him/her and inviting him/her to have coffee and a pastry with him.