Annual Distinguished Classified Employee
Nominations are currently being solicited for the 2018 award and are due April 6, 2018.
Distinguished Classified Employee Flier
The nomination form may be downloaded on the SEC forms.
Note: Award winners of the Classified Employee of the Month are not automatically considered for the yearly award; however, they may be considered for the yearly award if a separate nomination form is submitted and all criteria is met.
Purpose of Award
- recognize outstanding full-time and part-time classified staff who exemplify the University's standards for excellence and innovation;
- reward those employees who show exemplary individual achievement, contribution, and performance in their jobs and other related duties beyond their own offices;
- acknowledge those whose efforts have inspired and supported the performance and achievement of others;
- provide awards to such employees by a means that is fair, with equal consideration of all eligible staff, regardless of the locus or level of responsibility within the College.
Who is eligible?
- All classified staff with five (5) continuous FTE years of classified service.
- Currently employed
- Nominee must be a full-time, part-time classified staff employee of the University of Nevada, Reno
- Can be employed at any of UNR's physical locations
Criteria for Award
- Concern for the university-at-large and its goals
- Positive attitude towards fellow employees, faculty, students, and the public
- Positive attitude towards work (availability, cooperation, courtesy, friendliness)
- Quality of work (accuracy, timeliness, creativity, initiative, dependability)
- Professional development, awards received, and community service activities (attendance at workshops, classes, lectures, committee and/or volunteer work)
Award recipients shall receive:
- Plaque and recognition at "Honor the Best Ceremony"
- Monetary award