DocuSign electronic form instructions
- Before starting, gather email contact information for your advisor, committee members, and program director as applicable on the form. You can find emails by using the employee directory: University Directory
- Complete the required asterisk fields. Once all required fields have been entered on the form, click Begin Signing. Below is an example of one type of form that requires signatures. Signatures required will vary by form.
- You will receive an access code from the email you entered on the form from “Graduate School via DocuSign.” It may potentially route to your Spam folder, so please check this folder if not received within a few minutes. Click on Resume Signing to enter in the validation code.
- Click Validate to proceed with the form.
- Once the form loads, click Continue to proceed with filling in the required fields. Items highlighted in RED are required to complete the form. When finished completing the form, click FINISH at the bottom of the page or at the upper right hand corner.
- A pop-up screen will appear asking if you would like to savea copy of your document. This is optional. You automatically will receive a finished copy once all members entered at the beginning of the process have signed the document.
- Click Close. The form will route to the contacts you entered for signing.
- If you have questions on the process, please contact our office at 775-784-6869 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I know whose emails to enter on the Power form?
This is dependent on which form is being completed, but in general, the emails would come from members of your committee and the graduate program director. If you do not know the members of your committee, please contact your advisor.
I haven’t received my access code/authentication. What do I do?
First, check your spam/junk mail inbox for any authentication email that may have been filtered. If there has been no email sent, please contact email@example.com.
What happens if the authentication fails?
If you fail authentication three times, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and request that the code be resent.
Who is the Graduate Dean, and why can’t I fill in this contact?
A designated Graduate School representative with authority will sign this form once it has been reviewed and approved by one of our progressions staff members. This item on the form is hard coded to route for approval and does not need to be completed by the form initiator.
Who is my Graduate School Representative? Is it someone from the Graduate School office?
The Graduate School Representative is a faculty member of your committee that is not associated with your degree program. The representative must a member of the Graduate Faculty and is not a member of the Graduate School administrative office. Some programs do not require a Graduate School Representative. If you are unsure, please contact your advisor. When listing the Graduate School Representative on your form, please do not also list this person as a Committee Member, as this can cause issues with acquiring signatures through the routing process.
How can I track my document to see who has signed?
You can log back in through the link you received in your email to determine who has signed the form. The easiest way is to download the form as a combined PDF. This will provide the form along with a certificate to show who has signed. You will also receive email notification once a signer has viewed the form.
Not all of my signers have received the form. What could be wrong?
Most likely, the form is pending a signature from one of the signers. The form routes in the sequence of the emails that were entered at the first step in the process (completing the Power Form). In other words, once the first person signs the form, it will route to the second signer, then the third, etc. The form is not sent to all signers at once. If a member has not received the link, and the previous member has signed the form, there could be an error. Please contact email@example.com so we can investigate.
Are reminders sent to committee members to sign?
Yes, DocuSign will send reminders to the person who is the next to sign if they have yet to sign the form. The first notification will be sent after seven days and then every five days after that. You can also follow up with the signer directly.
The "Finish" button does not appear. What could be the issue?
There are required components that are not yet complete. Review the form for any red highlighted fields and complete as required. Once all required field have been completed, a green check mark will appear on the page.
How long does it take to receive the final completed copy of my form?
Depending on the form, there may be a review period for processing once the form has been signed. Our office reviews each form as timely as possible, but in certain times during the year (graduation, peak of admission cycle, etc.) there may be a delay in processing. Once our office has reviewed the form and it has been approved by the Graduate Dean, all parties included on the form will receive a final copy with all signatures. If there are any issues with the form once reviewed by the Graduate School progression’s staff member, they will contact you directly to resolve any outstanding issues.
Do I need to send my completed form to the Graduate School? Should my faculty member send their copy?
No, you do not need to send a copy of the completed form to the Graduate School and neither does the faculty member. Our office receives the form for review and also receives a copy once the completed form has been signed.
What do I do if I made a mistake on the form?
You can contact the Graduate School and ask to make any corrections on the form or void the form. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.