Disbursement of Funds

When will I receive my financial aid?

Financial aid cannot be disbursed prior to enrollment or during periods of non-enrollment. One half of the total grant, loan or scholarship funds for the year are disbursed each semester. Financial aid begins to apply to your University student account no earlier than ten days before the semester begins.

First-Time Federal Direct Loan Borrowers

First-time Federal Direct Loan borrowers at this University must complete Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note prior to disbursement. These can be completed at studentloans.gov. Please retain a copy of the confirmation pages for your records.

Minimum Credit Requirement

Aid disburses only when the enrollment status matches the funding status. For example, an undergraduate funded full time (i.e. 12 or 15 credits required) who is only registered for 9 credits will not have a disbursement occur until more credits are added. Coursework at another college does not count towards the minimum number of credits required. Any student whose enrollment plans change before the end of add/drop each semester must resubmit the Semester Enrollment form in MyNEVADA Supplemental Forms. If revisions to your aid are made, you will be able to view the changes via MyNEVADA under “Fin. Aid Offer”.

Spring Transfer Students

All spring only students must be monitored by the National Student Loan Database System (NSLDS). During the seven day hold period, financial aid cannot be disbursed. If we are alerted that you still have financial aid pending at another institution, you must cancel your financial aid in writing with that institution. A confirmation of the cancellation is required before aid can be disbursed for the spring semester.

How will I receive my financial aid?

Financial aid and scholarships administered by our office are first applied directly to your University Student Account to pay mandatory charges for tuition, fees, University-operated housing, and other University charges. If your financial aid exceeds the charges on your University Student Account, you will receive the balance of the funds (referred to as a “refund”) to pay other educationally related expenses.

Refunds will be released to you in one of the following ways:

  • Check: The refund check will be mailed to the address as listed in MyNEVADA. An address change can be submitted via MyNEVADA. Checks cannot be picked up – no exceptions will be made.
  • Direct Deposit: To take advantage of direct deposit, please enroll in direct deposit in the Finances section of the MyNEVADA Student Center Dashboard


Wages are paid twice a month through the University Payroll Office for hours worked during that period. A timesheet is required and verified by the employer. Direct deposit into the student’s personal bank account can be arranged through Payroll. Otherwise, payroll checks may be picked up at the Cashier’s Office.