Queer and LGBT Advocacy Board
The Queer and LGBT Advocacy Board (QLAB), comprised of out and allied faculty and staff, makes ongoing assessment of attitudes and conditions throughout the University regarding gay, lesbian, bisexual, trans and Queer persons and issues.
QLAB also advocates for positive changes and seeks implementation of these recommendations on issues such as:
- The University-wide environment for gay, lesbian, bisexual, trans and Queer students, staff and faculty
- Appropriate supportive services for such students, staff and faculty
- Educational programs for the entire University community
- Other matters affecting the lives of gay, lesbian, bisexual, trans and Queer community members at University of Nevada, Reno
- Opportunities for working collaboratively and in concert with a variety of affinity groups.
The QLAB maintains a growing list of resources for University community members to make use of. If you would like to suggest additional links, please email our executive board.
- Queer Student Union is dedicated to promoting LGBTQIA acceptance and understanding on the University campus as well as the Reno/Sparks community. Email the Queer Student Union to connect.
- Gender, Race, and Identity Club is dedicated to promoting acceptance, knowledge, and diversity throughout the university. Email the Gender, Race, and Identity Club to connect.
- Gamma Rho Lambda (GRL) is Nevada’s first LGBT+ inclusive sorority. Alpha Class at UNR: “Truth in tolerance, knowledge through diversity, bonds of unity, strength in trust.” Email the GRL to connect.
- oSTEM is dedicated to building and supporting LGBTQ+ community in the STEM fields. Connect with them at email@example.com.
- LGBTQIA Medical School Alliance is dedicated to improving medical care for the LGBTQIA community. Email the LGBTQIA Medical School Alliance to connect.
- Steven Frese, Chair-Elect
- Erin Edgington, Chair-Elect
- Lexi Erwin, Chair
- Angela Moore, Chair
To connect with our Executive Leadership, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the QLAB Faculty/Staff Listserv
Out and/or allied faculty or staff that would like to stay informed about events and issues related to LGBTQ+ life at the University, should subscribe to the LGBTQIA Faculty and Staff listserv. This list is managed by Diversity & Inclusion.
Out and/or allied faculty or staff that are interested in becoming an active member of the LGBTQ+ Task Force, should subscribe to the QLAB listserv. This list is managed by the QLAB Executive Board.