Queer and LGBT+ Advocacy Board
The Queer and LGBT+ Advocacy Board (QLAB) at the University includes out and allied faculty, staff, and graduate students and draws on research and best practices to continually support the intersectional identities of LGBTQIA+ faculty, staff, and student communities by providing resources, hosting events, and advocating for positive policy and institutional changes. More specifically, QLAB aims to:
- Elevate LGBTQIA+ voices and create comfortable and inclusive spaces for LGBTQ+ bodies on campus
- Provide a continually updated resource guide of University, local and national resources to supportive services for LGBTQIA+ students, staff and faculty
- Create and support spaces for addressing issues of inequity, advocating for inclusive policies on campus and beyond, and documenting these changes
- Seek ways to work collaboratively with a variety of affinity groups and support the intersectional identities of our communities
- Experience and hold space for the joys, grief, complexities, etc. of queerness as a community, together
QLAB maintains a growing resources guide for University community members to make use of. If you would like to suggest additional links, please email our executive board.
- Gender, Race, and Identity Club is dedicated to promoting acceptance, knowledge, and diversity throughout the university. Email the Gender, Race, and Identity Club to connect.
- Keshet Reno is a queer club founded on Jewish values and food. We seek to create community through intercultural collaboration, celebration, and inclusion for intersectional queer folks! You don’t have to be Jewish or queer to join; email Keshet Reno to connect.
- Gamma Rho Lambda (GRL) is Nevada’s first LGBT+ inclusive sorority. Alpha Class at UNR: “Truth in tolerance, knowledge through diversity, bonds of unity, strength in trust.” Email the GRL to connect.
- oSTEM is dedicated to building and supporting LGBTQ+ community in the STEM fields. Connect with them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MedPride is dedicated to improving medical care for the LGBTQIA community. Email MedPride to connect.
- Queer Student Union is dedicated to promoting LGBTQIA acceptance and understanding on the University campus as well as the Reno/Sparks community. Email the Queer Student Union to connect.
- Victoria Blue, Incoming Chair
- Aryn Taylor, Incoming Chair
- Jasen Brooks, Acting Chair
- Paromita Pain, Acting Chair
- Steven Frese, Outgoing Chair
- Erin Edgington, Outgoing Chair
To connect with our Executive Leadership, please email email@example.com.
Join the QLAB Faculty/Staff Listserv
Out and/or allied faculty or staff that are interested in becoming an active member of the QLAB should subscribe to the QLAB listserv. This list is managed by the QLAB Executive Board.