Cultural Diversity Committee
The Cultural Diversity Committee (CDC) includes academic and administrative faculty, staff and students to promote equity and diversity on campus and throughout the Northern Nevada Institutions. The committee reports to the President through the University Diversity and Inclusion Officer. Two sub-committees exist within the CDC. Members have the option of participating in one or both sub-committees.
- Diversity Summit Committee: This sub-committee is responsible for organizing the annual Northern Nevada Diversity Summit.
- Equity and Inclusion Committee: This sub-committee identifies action items to expand, implement and assess the University’s commitment to equity and inclusion.
The Cultural Diversity Committee advances the conversation on issues related to equity and diversity and serves as a platform for culturally sensitive discussions, policy critique and review, and networking opportunities amongst Nevada's academic community.
Who to contact
- Committee Co-Chair: Eric James, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Committee Co-Chair: Miguel Martinez, email@example.com
- 2022 Northern Nevada Diversity Summit - Work, Study, Family, and Life Balances in Higher Education: Advancing Best Practices in a Pandemic World
- 2021 Northern Nevada Diversity Summit - No Going Back: Building Empowered and Resilient Communities
- 2020 Northern Nevada Diversity Summit - How Free is Your Speech? - Cancelled
- 2019 Northern Nevada Diversity Summit - Building Bridges in a Changing World
- 2018 Northern Nevada Diversity Summit - Challenges, Changes, and Solutions
- 2017 Northern Nevada Diversity Summit - Enhancing the Cultural Environment for All
- 2016 Northern Nevada Diversity Summit - Exploring Diversity and Equity Through Access, Retention & Engagement
- 2015 Diversity Conference - Exploring Diversity and Equity In Education, Careers, and The Community Conference
- 2014 Exploring Diversity and Equity in Higher Education Conference
- ARM sponsored its Twentieth Annual Speech Contest in April 2013. Congratulations to Evan West our First Place Winner, Matthew LeClair our Second Place Winner, and Robin Drew our Third Place Winner. Thank you to all of the organizers and student participants.
- The Annual New Staff Luncheon was held at Truckee Meadows Community College on February 24, 2012 with Dr. Maria Sheehan and Dr. Reginald Stewart as speakers. Andrew Kasozi, Graduate Student at the University of Nevada, Reno and ARM 2011 Speech Contest Winner, presented his winning speech.
Join the Cultural Diversity Committee
Faculty, staff, and students that are interested in becoming active members of the Cultural Diversity Committee should complete the form below. The committee meets monthly during the academic year, on-campus or virtually.