- Area/Department Website: World Languages & Literatures
In addition to broadening your life experiences and your view of the world, studying a foreign language improves your communication skills and cognitive and critical thinking abilities. Moreover, language study on your transcripts will give you an advantage in any career choice or in applying to graduate school. Foreign language study offers a wider understanding of the cultures of countries trading with the United States. Multinational corporations seek employees with multilingual communicative abilities to compete in a global market. An employer will see the employee with various language abilities as a bridge to new clients.
The College of Liberal Arts offers an undergraduate and graduate program in Spanish in the World Languages and Literatures Department. Students will not only learn the Spanish language but also get a broad understanding of Hispanic-American and U.S. Latino culture and literature. A major or minor in Spanish is very beneficial in the professional world. Find out more about the Spanish program and courses offered.
Related Degrees and Programs
- Spanish Translation, Minor
- Spanish Language, Culture & Literature, Minor
- Spanish Language and Society, Minor
- Spanish (Language and Society Specialization), B.A.
- Spanish (Literature and Culture Specialization), B.A.
- Spanish (Language and Society Specialization) and Secondary Education, B.A./B.A. in Ed.
Contact College of Liberal Arts
Advising: (775) 682-8745
|Location||Ansari Business Building|