Welcome to the University of Nevada Counseling Services’ parent resource page. We have searched the internet for informative articles to answer your most common questions and concerns about the college experience. We hope you find the articles helpful.
If your student seems to be in emotional or psychological distress, and you are unsure where to turn or what resources are available, call Counseling Services at (775) 784-4648 to arrange an opportunity to speak with one of our clinicians about your concerns.
Information for Parents
- How is College Different from High School? (UT/Tyler)
- Tips for Parents
- Smart money planning tips for incoming college freshmen and their parents (UNT)
- Tips for Talking with Your College Student (College Parents of Amer.)
- Why Your College Student Might Not Ask for Help (College Parents of Amer.)
- Homesickness isn't really about 'home' (CNN)