Prospective graduate students
Prof. Petrone is currently looking for highly motivated graduate students to join her research group. Areas of research would include advanced numerical modeling of structural systems to couple with synthetic ground motions and uncertainty quantification in numerical modeling to gain knowledge on implications for optimal and risk-informed performance-based seismic design; experimental testing of innovative structural damage assessment techniques and development of system optimization methods.
- Analysis and advanced numerical modeling of reinforced concrete and composite structures
- High-performance computing applied to civil engineering problems
- Calibration methods and stochastic analysis for structural safety assessment
- Structural damage assessment methods
- Shan, L., Petrone, F., Kunnath, S.K., (2019) "Robustness of RC Buildings to Progressive Collapse: Influence of Building Height ", Engineering Structures, Vol. 183, pp. 690-701.
- Petrone, F., Monti, G., (2019), "Unified Code-Compliant Equations for Bending Capacity and Ductility Capacity of Full and Hollow Rectangular RC Sections", Engineering Structures, Vol. 181, pp. 805-815.
- Petrone, F., McCallen, D., Buckle, I., Wu, S., (2018), "Direct Measurement of Building Transient and Residual Drift Using an Optical Sensor System", Engineering Structures, Vol. 176, pp. 115-126.
- McCallen, D., Petrone F., Coates, J., Repanich, N., (2017), "A Laser-Based Optical Sensor for Broad-Band Measurements of Building Earthquake Drift", Earthquake Spectra, 33(4), pp. 1573-1598.
- Monti, G. and Petrone, F. (2016). "Test-Based Calibration of Safety Factors for Capacity Models", J. Struct. Eng., 142(11).
- Petrone, F., Bissonnette, N., Higgins, P., Kanvinde, A., (2016), "The Cross-aisle Seismic Performance of Storage Rack Base Connections", Journal of Constructional Steel Research, V. 122, pp. 520-531.
- Petrone, F., Li, S., Kunnath, S., (2016) "Modeling of RC Frame Buildings for Progressive Collapse Analysis", International Journal of Concrete Structures and Materials, 10(1), pp. 1-13, DOI: 10.1007/s40069-016-0126-y
- Monti, G., Petrone F., (2016). "Analytical Thermo-mechanics 3D Model of Friction Pendulum Bearings", Earthquake Engineering & Structural Dynamics, 45(6), pp. 957-977. DOI: 10.1002/eqe.2693
- Monti, G. and Petrone, F. (2015). "Yield and Ultimate Moment and Curvature Closed-Form Equations for Reinforced Concrete Sections." ACI Structural Journal, V. 112, No. 4, pp. 463-474.
- Monti, G. and Petrone, F. (2015). "Shear Resisting Mechanisms and Capacity Equations for Composite Truss Beams", J. Struct. Eng., V. 141, No. 12.
- Petrone, F., Monti G., (2014). “FRP-RC beam in shear: mechanical model and assessment procedure for pseudo-ductile behavior”. Polymers, V. 6, No.7, 2051-2064. DOI:10.3390/polym6072051
- Trentadue, F., Mastromarino, E., Quaranta, G., Petrone F., Monti, G., Marano G.C., (2014) “Bending Stiffness of Truss-Reinforced Steel-Concrete Composite Beams”, Open Journal of Civil Engineering, V. 4, No. 3, 285-300.
- Marano G.C., Trentadue F., Petrone F., (2014) "Optimal arch shape solution under static vertical loads", Acta Mech 225(3), 679–686. DOI:10.1007/s00707-013-0985-0
- Quaranta G., Petrone F., Marano G.C., Trentadue, F., and Monti G., (2011). "Structural design of composite concrete-steel beams with spatial truss reinforcement elements", Asian journal of civil and engineering (building and housing) V. 12, No. 2, 155-178.
- McCallen, D., Petrone, F., (2019) "An Optical Technique for Measuring Transient and Residual Interstory Drift as Seismic Structural Health Monitoring (S2HM) Observables", Seismic Structural Health Monitoring (S2HM). Springer, Netherlands.
- Monti G., Petrone F. (2018) "Strengthening of RC Buildings with Composites" In: Costa A., Arêde A., Varum H. (eds) Strengthening and Retrofitting of Existing Structures. Building Pathology and Rehabilitation, vol 9. Springer, Singapore.
- Monti, G., Bilotta, A., Napoli, A., Nigro, E., Petrone, F., Realfonzo, R., (2016), "Design by Testing and Statistical Determination of Capacity Models" (Chapter 2) in C. Pellegrino and J. Sena-Cruz (eds.) Design Procedures for the Use of Composites in Strengthening of Reinforced Concrete Structures, RILEM State-of-the-Art Reports 19, pp. 5-38, Springer, Netherlands.
- Monti, G.,D’Antino, T., Lignola, G., Pellegrino, C., Petrone, F., (2016), "Shear Strengthening of RC Elements by Means of EBR FRP Systems" (Chapter 4) in C. Pellegrino and J. Sena-Cruz (eds.) Design Procedures for the Use of Composites in Strengthening of Reinforced Concrete Structures, RILEM State-of-the-Art Reports 19, pp.97-130, Springer, Netherlands.
- EU Patent No.1255, May 2013, entitled "Self-supporting steel truss for mixed steel-concrete truss systems", Inventors: Marano G.C, Liotta, M., Petrone, F., Trentadue, F., Bufi, G., Ruggiero, N.,