Governor Guinn Millennium Scholarship Program
Program information and requirements are available on the Nevada Treasurer’s Website.
How the University Disburses the Funds:
- Full-time enrollment in a minimum of 12 credits of coursework is required. Remedial coursework may be included in the 12 credit requirement. However, the scholarship cannot pay the fees for remedial coursework.
- The amount is $960 per semester paid toward fees.
- The scholarship is applied to the student’s account at the beginning of each semester to pay outstanding charges for fees, residence hall, etc. If all fees are paid, the funds are paid to the student and should be used only for other educationally-related expenses. If charges remain, the student is responsible for paying them.
- Direct deposit into the student’s checking account is available through the Cashier’s Office for refunds and funds that remain after the account is paid in full.
- Financial aid may be revised to accommodate the receipt of other funds such as an additional scholarship when the total of all aid exceeds the student’s budget.