Governor Guinn Millennium Scholarship Program
Program information and requirements are available on the Nevada Treasurer’s Website. In general, this scholarship posts to eligible student accounts around the second week of August. For new first year students, the Nevada Treasurer's office determines eligibility and mails out an award packet in early August. Students must then login to nevadatreasurer.gov to "acknowledge your award". It takes approximately one week for acknowledged award data to be transmitted to our school. If you don't receive an award packet in early August you can "check my status" at nevadatreasurer.gov. To retain eligibility for this scholarship earn at least 12 credits each semester and over a 2.75 GPA each semester.
How the University Disburses the Funds:
- Full-time enrollment in a minimum of 12 credits of coursework is required. Remedial coursework may be included in the 12 credit requirement. However, the scholarship cannot pay the fees for remedial coursework.
- The amount will vary based on enrollment from a minimum of $960 per semester for 12 credits up to $1,200 for enrollment in 15 credits or more.
- The scholarship is applied to the student’s account at the beginning of each semester. If charges remain after the scholarship disburses the student is responsible for paying them.
- Direct deposit into the student’s checking account is available if a student has enrolled in this option through the MyNEVADA finances section of the Student Center Dashboard and residual funds remain after the account is paid in full.
- Financial aid may be revised to accommodate the receipt of other funds such as an additional scholarship when the total of all aid exceeds the student’s budget.