Skip Site Navigation
Skip To Page Content

Information for External Organizations

Many students receive scholarships from private and community organizations. We encourage these entities to send checks to the University for disbursements to the student. This ensures that the student is enrolled.

Scholarship check(s) should be made payable to the Board of Regents and mailed to:

Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships
Fitzgerald Student Services Building/0076
University of Nevada, Reno
Reno, NV 89557

Please include all of the following information with the check:

  1. Student’s full name and Student ID (NSHE Number).
    • Total amount of the scholarship for the academic year
    • Unless otherwise noted, checks in amounts $999 and below will be disbursed in their entirety in the fall semester.
  2. Checks in amounts of $1,000 or more will be divided into equal disbursements for fall and spring terms.
  3. If you do not want any review of Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) to occur, you must state the funds are SAP exempt in the letter accompanying the funds.
  4. Minimum number of credits
    • Full time enrollment is required to disburse funds and is defined as 12 undergraduate or 9 graduate credits each semester. This enrollment requirement does not consider concurrent enrollment in the total credit requirement. Disbursement below these levels requires prior written authorization from the donor and must specify if credits at another college, such as TMCC or WNC, may be included in the total.

Disbursement Procedure

  1. Funds must be received by August 1 for the fall semester and January 1 for the spring semester to allow time to verify the student’s enrollment and deposit the check into the student’s account to pay outstanding charges to the University.
  2. After all charges are paid, funds remaining are issued to the student. Therefore, an early receipt of the check is important.
  3. Late charges for tuition begin to accrue to the student’s account on the first day of classes.
  4. Please indicate in a letter accompanying the funds if the award is renewable for multiple years.

Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)

Please see our scholarship satisfactory progress policy. Annual progress notifications will only be prepared for external awards continuing for more than one academic year.  Maximum credit limitations will not be applied to external awards.  You must notify us in writing, at the time of the award, if the funds should be excluded from SAP review.

University Block N Logo

University of Nevada, Reno

University of Nevada, Reno
1664 N. Virginia Street
Reno,  NV  89557-

(775) 784-1110
Website Help
Contact Us

Accessibility Tools

Emergency Information
Emergency Alerts
Doing business with us