The Department of World Languages and Literatures currently offers courses in the following languages. Those marked with an * are offered in other departments but completion of four semesters satisfies the foreign language requirement. For a list of faculty who teach these courses, please visit our faculty page.
- AM 145 - American Sign Language I
- AM 146 - American Sign Language II
- AM 147 - American Sign Language III
- AM 148 - American Sign Language IV
Cherie Valentine M.A.
Lecturer, American Sign Language
Check out this video from an Arabic alumna on her experience learning Arabic at the University of Nevada, Reno.
Check out this video from a French alumna on her experience learning French at the University of Nevada, Reno.
- GER 111 - Elementary German I
- GER 112 - Elementary German II
- GER 211 - Second Year German I
- GER 212 - Second Year German II
- GER 221 - German Culture
- GER 305 - German Composition I
- GER 306 - German Composition II
- GER 309 - German Conversation
- GER 315 - Introduction to German Literature
- PAIT 111 - First Year Paiute I
- PAIT 112 - First Year Paiute II
- PAIT 211 - Second Year Paiute I
- PAIT 212 - Second Year Paiute II
Find out more about the Paiute language program.
- Spanish (Language and Society Specialization), B.A.
- Spanish (Literature & Culture Specialization), B.A.
- Spanish Through the Professions, B.A.
- Dual degree: Spanish and Secondary Education, B.A. & B.A. in ED