Whittell Forest & Wildlife Area policies and regulations
- All visitors are required to sign a liability waiver and release form. No exceptions will be made. Users enter and use the property at their own risk. Personal vehicle use is at the discretion of the driver.
- No campfires or open fires of any kind are allowed on the forest. Gas cooking stoves are allowed under supervision.
- Smoking of any kind is prohibited on University property.
- Alcohol consumption is prohibited per University policy.
- Firearms are prohibited on University property.
- Dogs are prohibited on the property without express written permission.
- Wildlife is present on the property. Be bear aware. Visitors will be required to lock up food and scented items in a University-provided bear-safe container or structure.
- Whittell is a natural area and, as such, has potential risks or hazards associated with use, including but not limited to inclement weather, serious personal injury due to slips or falls, wild animal attacks, or accidents due to negligence of users.
- Only authorized users may drive motorized vehicles on the Whittell Forest & Wildlife Area road system. All authorized vehicles must stay on established and recognized roads.