Montgomery GI Bill® - Selected Reserve

The Montgomery GI Bill® Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR) program may be available to you if you are a member of the Selected Reserve. The Selected Reserve includes the Army Reserve, Navy Reserve, Air Force Reserve, Marine Corps Reserve and Coast Guard Reserve, Army National Guard and the Air National Guard.

Learn more about the Montgomery GI Bill Selected Reserve

Applying for MGIB-SR

Your unit will give you DD Form 2384-1, Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE), when you become eligible for the program. Your unit will also code your eligibility into the Department of Defense personnel system so that VA may verify your eligibility.

New Applicant. The VA processes applications online. Once you have applied online, please print out the application and bring it to the University Veteran's Services Office so we know that you applied online and can remind the Veterans Administration Office of your method of applying for benefits.

Transfer Applicant. You can apply by filling out VA Form 22-1995, Request for Change of Program or Place of Training. The original VA Form 22-1995 and a University of Nevada, Reno Veteran's Course Submission Form must be submitted to the Veteran's Services staff.

WAVE (Web Automated Verification of Enrollment)

All students who are receiving either the Montgomery GI Bill® Active duty or Selected Reserve must verify their enrollments monthly to receive payments. This verification can be done on the last day of the month either by using the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) application or by using an automated telephone system (IVR) at 1 (877) 823-2378 and follow the prompts.


Reserve Education Assistance Program (REAP) - Chapter 1607

REAP provides educational assistance to members of the Reserve components called or ordered to active duty in response to a war or national emergency declared by the president or Congress.

Learn more about the Reserve Education Assistance Program

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by the VA is available at the official U.S. government website.